:: Re: [DNG] Why C/C++ ?
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Why C/C++ ?
Hendrik Boom said on Thu, 8 Aug 2024 10:51:40 -0400

>On Thu, Aug 08, 2024 at 09:35:50AM -0500, o1bigtenor via Dng wrote:
>> On Thu, Aug 8, 2024 at 8:52 AM Dan Purgert via Dng
>>
>> Why is C/C++ so absolutely wonderful?
>
>Primarily because C (not C++) has been around for a longer time
>than most other tools. Old enough that it was around when Linux got
>written and it has become the interlingua for Linux software.
>
>Not because it's a great language.

I think it's a pretty darn good language. It makes sense, its syntax is
pretty guessable (except for pointers to functions), and it's a small
language that's easily learned.

>It was a breath of fresh air in the 1970's, but by now language
>technology has advanced a lot since then.

I wouldn't be caught dead doing threads in C.

SteveT

Steve Litt

http://444domains.com