:: Re: [DNG] onefang needs a new serve…
Author: Joel Roth
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] onefang needs a new server rental company.
onefang wrote:
> G'day Devuaners.
>
> For those that don't know, I'm the Devuan package mirror herder, and I
> run the sledjhamr.org Devuan ISO and package mirror. Sledjhamr.org needs
> a new home, I can't afford the current home.

Not sure the resource requirements for the devuan mirror
only, but I've used the shared hosting services of
freeshell.de gratis for twenty years.

> So right now I'm paying 131 Euros for my server.
>
> I need 32 GB of RAM, 700 GB to 1 TB of storage. Can't afford RAID.
> Currently it's an Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1230 v6 @ 3.50GHz, something
> similar but preferably AMD I'd like to switch to, could work with
> something less, but not much less. Currently with 3 IPv4s and a IPv6/??.
> Bandwidth is nice and large, with great connectivity in central Europe.

You could try talking to the freeshell administrator,
Sebastian Krajenski. He also founded a commercial hosting
business, https://www.mars-solutions.de, that is looking for
help.

Good luck!

--