:: Re: [DNG] Help needed - - running i…
Author: David Billsbrough
To: o1bigtenor
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Help needed - - running into issues with python and its tools
You wrote:

> I wasn't going to bite but you keep insisting so:

> Why is C/C++ so absolutely wonderful?

I think that Hendrik answered it well enough in that in 'embedded' space the 'C' language is it going to reach into
the details of systems programming.

To learn embedded systems and to read other programmers code to understand it purpose of various functions, like for
example how to 'talk' to a LCD display, and how it really is working may require at least be able to *read* the 'C' language.

For more general programming of applications not having to manage memory and leave at least that detail
to a "gc" (garbage collector) of which python does have. (hint: a gc is never cheap in it usage of resources)

To learn embedded systems you're learning almost three separate pipelines of *new* knowledge :

1. The tool-chain of the host machine: cross-compiler (if used), upload/download utilities, optional debugging utilities.
2. The target machine e.g. the hardware processor and aux subsystems (SPI, I2C, async serial, GPIO, ADC, DAC, Timers, memory)
3. the target "systems" language and (very many) optional libraries

(the original question was category 1)

regards,

David  (each tool for its time and place)
--
David - KC4ZVW
Chuluota, FL