:: Re: [DNG] Help needed - - running i…
Author: o1bigtenor
To: Hendrik Boom
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Help needed - - running into issues with python and its tools
On Thu, Aug 8, 2024 at 9:31 AM Hendrik Boom <hendrik@???> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 08, 2024 at 09:52:40AM -0400, Dan Purgert via Dng wrote:
> > On Aug 08, 2024, David Billsbrough wrote:
> > > Hello Dan and all,
> > >
> > > Quoting somebody on this mail list:

> these
> > >
> > > [...] Tool prices, etc. comments. [...]
> > > SO anyways ...
> > >
> > > In the virtual (digital) world this **idea** does' NOT also work the
> > > same way at all.
> > >
> > > You can use FREE (beer or speech) software that meets and exceeds some
> > > or most *TOP* dollar software offerings. Well because that just the
> > > way that it is!
> >
> > You completely misunderstood the analogy I'm making...
> >
> > Scenario: OP is fighting with Python a bit in order to use MicroPython
> > (or a variant thereto) to program a microcontroller.
> >
> > I'm telling him that *IF* he's trying to do this as more than a
> > "one-off", he might as well learn C/C++ (via Arduino) now, rather than
> > waiting on it.
> >
> > Python = "Cheap tool" (It'll get the job done, if all you need is this
> > one thing)
> >
> > C/C++ = "Expensive tool" (It'll "hurt the wallet", but you'll have it
> > forever).
>
> Of course "urt the wallet" is itself an analogy in that it will actually
> cost learning time rather than physical money.

Which is why I put up with the absolutely lousy instruction continuing
to beat my head against the wall until the bloody thing moved - - - likely
in self defense! (lol)

I have little enough time and/or money but when I have to choose I prefer
to spend time as then I also get to gain knowledge and that is of more
value than even money. For without knowledge money is quickly spent
and the results still aren't necessarily up to snuff.

Regards