:: Re: [DNG] Help needed - - running i…
Author: Didier Kryn
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Help needed - - running into issues with python and its tools
Le 06/08/2024 à 18:23, o1bigtenor via Dng a écrit :

> On Tue, Aug 6, 2024 at 9:37 AM Didier Kryn <kryn@???> wrote:
>
>     Le 04/08/2024 à 19:55, Steve Litt a écrit :
>     > o1bigtenor via Dng said on Sat, 3 Aug 2024 12:30:27 -0500
>     >
>     >> Greetings
>     >>
>     >> Looking at ESP8266 and wanting to program it using micropython
>     (really
>     >> don't want to have to learn C++ (not enough hours in the day as it
>     >> is!!)).
>     > C++ sucks, but can't you do it in just plain C?
>     >

>          After looking (in diagonal) at the rest of the thread, seems
>     that
>     Python also sucks!
>
> (Snickering!) I might not disagree with you but it seems to me (not an
> expert)
> that the Debian ecosystem has made certain choices which the negative
> side
> of I've been running into. Seems also that a lot of python 'experts'
> are coming
> from a Windows background so there is little understanding of the OS -
> -python
> interface as Windows does what it wants and python is stuck on top and
> that
> makes things different in some fundamental ways - - -at least imo.
>
> HTH
>
> (still snickering!!)

    Never programmed in Python, but, as the admin of a few servers
during a decade, I kinda understood that successive Python versions in
Debian were all incompatible and applications needed to be changed with
every release.

    Are you meaning that Python is a Windows thingy?  That would be a
pitty, considering in the University I was last, this was the language
taught to students.

--     Didier