:: Re: [DNG] Plotters for Devuan Daeda…
Kezdőlap
Szerző: sawbona
Dátum:
Címzett: Dng
Tárgy: Re: [DNG] Plotters for Devuan Daedalus 5.0
Hello:

On 6 Jul 2024 at 12:57, nisp1953 via Dng wrote:

> ... get a plotter ...
> ... to print up sewing patterns ...
> ... maximum width of 36 inches ...

Unless there are specific plotters for what you are wanting to do, it
looks like the type of plotter an architect may need to have in his
office.

> ... ink pen or ink jet ...

Depends on cost of supplies/use patterns.

> ... flatbed or a drum ...

Have not seen a flat bed plotter for that size.

> ... brands of plotters work best ...

With Linux.
That would be the right question.

That said, here is my opinion from an architect's point of view:

In *my* experience, plotters are (have always been) a very expensive
proposition.

You will be looking at a very interesting sum that you will have to
put up-front to which you will have to add operator training and
whatever supplies you will always need to have on-hand.

And then there is the issue of servicing and repairs, which can be a
totally different can of worms, so to speak.

TL;DR:
Unless you can be certain you will be using it enough* to justify
actually purchasing one, you may want to consider looking into a
printing service for your needs.

* every workday, enough to keep it busy for at least two or three
hours/day.

Best,

A.