:: Re: [DNG] Yeah, I'm angry
Author: Kevin Chadwick
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Yeah, I'm angry
On 27/06/2024 07:37, Tom via Dng wrote:
>> Or maybe you have evidence of a sellout? Who on the deb tech committee
>> got paid under the table?
> Debian developer and systemd package maintainer Luca Boccassi works for Microsoft, if that’s what you were asking about?

I'm not sure whether there is a Microsoft conspiracy. RedHat make money from
support. so maybe there was there. In terms of reducing the number of potential
systems to need to be knowledgeable about and maybe have some control over
people requiring support.

Microsofts issue might just be that they hire highly qualified individuals with
little experience, in particular Unix experience. Then give them too much power.