:: Re: [DNG] What is an init system?
Author: Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] What is an init system?
On 17.05.24 10:23, Martin Steigerwald wrote:

Hi,

> Would be interesting to know the current market share regarding Systemd or
> alternate init system distribution wise.

Putting pure curiosity aside, I think we shouldn't even care about
"market share" as "user count share" - what really matters is the share
in good engineers actually doing the work, and whether the applications
we need still running fine.

Same for the Xorg vs Wayland issue: I really couldn't care less whether
Gnome or KDE drop Xorg support, since didn't use that for decades.
I would be pissed if that happening to xfce, and fork immediately.

And no matter how load the Wayland lemmings are yelling - we'll continue
supporting Xorg, and also adding new features in future.

--mtx

--
---
Hinweis: unverschlüsselte E-Mails können leicht abgehört und manipuliert