:: Re: [DNG] What is an init system?
Author: golinux
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] What is an init system?
On 2024-05-18 12:29, Lars Noodén via Dng wrote:

> In some ways the campaign is still ongoing because I read articles
> rather frequently which miscategorize systemd as an init system.
> Perhaps that is something which can be addressed as a community by
> calling out attempts to frame systemd as an init system. If people
> mistake it for an init system, there is less incentive to care and that
> makes our community's task harder. As more people see it for what it
> is, then there may be more hands to help clean.
>
> /Lars

In case you missed it . . .

The Linux Pro Magazine article about Devuan from June 2022 addressed
many of the "forgotten" points mentioned above. It was quite a coup that
they linked to archival resources that I thought would never see the
light of day on such a platform! It was very gratifying to know that
someone with a megaphone was paying attention. Details and links here:

https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?id=5093

Please do share . . .

Cheers!
golinux