:: Re: [DNG] Debian diversity?
Author: tito
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Debian diversity?
On Sun, 7 Apr 2024 17:41:04 +0200
Antony Stone <Antony.Stone@???> wrote:

> On Sunday 07 April 2024 at 17:35:53, Xenguy.fl9z@??? wrote:
>
> > > I note that Chandran has said that her main focus if elected would be on
> > > diversity. "In spite of spending a good amount of money on diversity, we
> > > seem to not get the expected outcome. My first task as DPL would be to
> > > revisit the existing spending pattern to analyse why and where we are
> > > going wrong,"
> > >
> > > If she wins, maybe the Devuan project can engage with her over returning
> > > to init system diversity, as much as dealing with any other sort?
>
> > Is it clear what she means when she uses the word "diversity"?
>
> From that quote (which is all I know of her; I have no awareness of her
> general opinions / motivations or favoured causes), no.
>
> However, given (a) that she's female, and (b) the current popular usage of the
> term (as far as I'm aware of it), I've assumed that by "diversity" *she* means
> "trying to get more women involved in software development, and trying to stop
> software developers from being biased against anything other then heterosexual
> males".
>
> It would be interesting to find out whether she in fact has a wider view on the
> topic.
>

> Antony.

Any non meritocratic criteria shouldn't have any importance in electing a DPL.
For the Devuan project any DPL candidate who don't clearly state that he is
in favor of fully reinstating and enforcing init system diversity will do no
good to it. I suspect that there isn't such a candidate...

Ciao,
Tito