:: Re: [DNG] Debian diversity?
Author: sawbona
To: Anthony Stone
Subject: Re: [DNG] Debian diversity?
Hello:

On 7 Apr 2024 at 17:41, Antony Stone wrote:

> However, given ...

Good point.
In my opinion, right-on-the-dot.

> ... whether she in fact has a wider view on the topic.

Well ...
No need to even ask.

She is a Debian *insider* and Debian devs have made every possible
move to erradicate what is today being called *init diversity*.

I would be very (very) surprised if she is referring to *anything*
else but gender/nationality/race diversity.

As I have said a few times already:

1. I could not care less about what init software Linux uses, as long
as it is *not* systemd or *anything* remotely like it.

And (obviously) that it works as it should.
ie: in full accordance to the basic/proven Unix philosophy.

2. init diversity is (today) the least of Linux's problems.

If needed/wanted/makes sense, Linux can *and* should devote the huge
man power it is capable of harnessing to embrace it as goal to
pursue.

But *not* today.
ie: with things being as they are and the direction they have taken
recently.

Today, Linux has to find a way to survive the onslaught it is being
subjected to.

Best,

A.