:: Re: [DNG] Debian diversity?
Author: o1bigtenor
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Debian diversity?
On Sun, Apr 7, 2024 at 10:35 AM Xenguy via Dng <dng@???> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> From: "Antony Stone" ; Sent: Sunday, April 7, 2024 5:18:09 AM:
> > Hi.
> >
> > Debian developers are voting for a new Project Leader.
> >
> > One of the two contenders is Sruthi Chandran, a developer from India who
> has
> > stood for election twice previously, and been beaten both times by the
> > current departing leader Jonathan Carter.
> >
> > I note that Chandran has said that her main focus if elected would be on
> > diversity. "In spite of spending a good amount of money on diversity, we
> > seem to not get the expected outcome. My first task as DPL would be to
> > revisit the existing spending pattern to analyse why and where we are
> going
> > wrong,"
> >
> > If she wins, maybe the Devuan project can engage with her over returning
> > init system diversity, as much as dealing with any other sort?
> >

> > Antony.
>
> Is it clear what she means when she uses the word "diversity"?

Welll - - - unless the English language is being 'modified' another time
(!!!)
it refers to a changing of structure to where women and any every and
all special interest groups are supposed to be the primary movers and
shakers in an area.

(This is absolutely huge in the general media and especially in the arts!)

HTH