:: Re: [DNG] Info about KDE
Author: tito
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Info about KDE
On Thu, 21 Dec 2023 01:22:17 -0500
Steve Litt <slitt@???> wrote:

> tito via Dng said on Wed, 20 Dec 2023 16:39:52 +0100
>
> >Hi,
> >I would like to move my wife's laptop from debian to devuan,
> >she uses KDE, does anybody use it, can you confirm that it just
> >works or do I need to stick with debian?
> >You happy wife happy life.
>
> KDE sucks for the same reasons as systemd: It's a massively entangled

Kde made some mistakes in the past when they started to tell
the user what is better for him, nowadays they changed this
philosophy.
From all the desktop environments (in the years I've tried them
all, except i3) it is the only that could be set up in a way that is usable
for a computer illiterate windows user (like my mother).
I enjoyed the tight integration of components and fine grained
setup options very much until one day it started to rearrange
my desktop icons at random at login. This made me mad,
I tried hard to find the cause but was not able to fix it,
so I switched to xfce which at least leaves my desktop icons
alone, but lacks the setup options of kde (unless you use
xfce4-settings-editor which I hate).

Ciao,
Tito