:: [DNG] Fwd: Info about KDE
Author: o1bigtenor
To: Devuan ML
Subject: [DNG] Fwd: Info about KDE
On Thu, Dec 21, 2023 at 12:22 AM Steve Litt <slitt@???> wrote:

> tito via Dng said on Wed, 20 Dec 2023 16:39:52 +0100
>
> >Hi,
> >I would like to move my wife's laptop from debian to devuan,
> >she uses KDE, does anybody use it, can you confirm that it just
> >works or do I need to stick with debian?
> >You happy wife happy life.
>
> KDE sucks for the same reasons as systemd: It's a massively entangled
> monolith. But as far as I know, KDE runs (as well as KDE can run at
> all) on any Linux distro or init system. You will need to have dbus
> (ewwww) working.
>
> By the way, in 2013, long before ever hearing about systemd, back when
> I was still a Ubuntu guy as a matter of fact, I banished all KDE
> Desktop, applications and libraries from my system, and to this day I
> have none. If you want to read how angry I was at the time, check this
> out:
>
> https://troubleshooters.com/lpm/201202/201202.htm#_Steve_You_Sound_Angry

I went away fro KDE quite some time ago but I would disagree that all
their applications
are garbage - - - - k3b - -for writing disks - - - it was the first
and still does very well at
writing blu-ray disks (since 2012) and I far prefer okular to any of
the other pdf readers
although it would seem that really aren't any great programs for that
but that's another
issue.

So - - - I can understand that you have a huge hate on for kde - - -
but not all their stuff
is 'grabage' (synonym for le garbage from my youth).

Regards