:: Re: [DNG] Stuff mucking with /etc/r…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: wirelessduck
A: dng
Assumptes nous: [DNG] kea-isc server [was Re: Stuff mucking with /etc/resolv.conf (was Re: request for advice)]
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Stuff mucking with /etc/resolv.conf (was Re: request for advice)

> On 19 Jul 2023, at 21:04, Olaf Meeuwissen via Dng <dng@???> wrote:
>
> Talking about isc-dhcp-client, I saw in the Debian 12 release notes that
> that is deprecated (because ISC deprecated it)[1]. For folks using
> ifupdown, like myself, the notes mention udhcpc as a possible substitute.
>
> [1]: https://www.debian.org/releases/bookworm/amd64/release-notes/ch-information.en.html#deprecated-components

The ISC packages for DHCP client and server are still in Debian 12 so there is plenty of time to plan transition.

I can see ISC kea is now packaged in bookworm repository so that might be the best server replacement choice?