:: Re: [DNG] Stuff mucking with /etc/r…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Didier Kryn
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Stuff mucking with /etc/resolv.conf (was Re: request for advice)
Le 20/07/2023 à 02:37, wirelessduck--- via Dng a écrit :

>> On 19 Jul 2023, at 21:04, Olaf Meeuwissen via Dng <dng@???> wrote:
>>
>> Talking about isc-dhcp-client, I saw in the Debian 12 release notes that
>> that is deprecated (because ISC deprecated it)[1]. For folks using
>> ifupdown, like myself, the notes mention udhcpc as a possible substitute.
>>
>> [1]: https://www.debian.org/releases/bookworm/amd64/release-notes/ch-information.en.html#deprecated-components
> The ISC packages for DHCP client and server are still in Debian 12 so there is plenty of time to plan transition.
>
> I can see ISC kea is now packaged in bookworm repository so that might be the best server replacement choice?

    Thank you guys for the warnings.

    I was just meaning to say that the good place for volatile files
like resolv.conf is in tmpfs and /run is designed exactly for that kind
of file. And that's not a systemd feature. Since the canonical name of
the file is /etc/resolv.conf, the use of a symlink is well apropriate.

    I'm used to ifupdown and wpa_supplicant. They integrate well with
each other - granted some modification of the installed interfaces file.
If you say that the ifupdown complicated, but known, machinery is going
to be obsoleted, this means I'll need to switch to alternatives to maybe
both ifupdown and wpa_supplicant. Better start working on it right now,
so I'd like to know if you have recommendations.

--     Didier