:: [DNG] request for advice
Author: o1bigtenor
To: Devuan ML
Subject: [DNG] request for advice
Greetings

Yesterday evening we had some thunderstorms march through.
They were accompanied by some lightning activity.
(Lots of ho hums - - - sorry.)
So we had a minor power interuption and as all my major systems
are on UPSs I wasn't worried about things.
That is until I got to my main system to find that I could ping my router
and radio (I'm on wireless fixed point internet - - - I won't call it high speed
as the ISP does as that is quite a joke - - - 9 Mbit down when its working
well - - - snort!) but not mz googly at dot ca which is my norm but I could
access 8.8.8.8 .

AIUI that means that I have some kind of DNS resolution issues.
What was wierd was that on wireless systems - - - the wife's smart (?)
phone she was able to reach where she wanted. Contacted my ISP
and they told me that there was an area outage. So I left things and
called it a night. This morning I still could not access websites from my
system. Tried a router reset - - - that didn't work. As a last resort I
tired a system reboot (I hate doing this - - - it takes 1/2 hr to reset the
system the way that I want things!!) and after logging in I had a working
internet connection again.

Was there anything else I could have done to re-establish internet connection?

Any suggestions for a next time - - - - we're in the season when lighting storms
are not that unusual so this could happen any time over the next even 3 months.

TIA