:: Re: [DNG] request for advice
Author: capercally.bleery670
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] request for advice
On Mon, Jul 10, 2023 at 06:28:56PM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:

> I avoid DHCP provided DNS by installing the Unbound resolver on each
> of my computers, starting its daemon from runit (or I spoze
> sysvinit), and I make sure to set /etc/resolv.conf to point at the
> unbound server and then chattr +i /etc/resolv.conf .

This setup has its advantages, but it does mean you don't share
the cache among your systems. Also, you cannot in a straightforward
way provide dns names for your systems, especially if the dhcp
provided addresses change often. If the dhcp server also does dns,
it can connect the information between the two more naturally.

--
Ian