:: Re: [DNG] How to enable cgroup v2
Author: wirelessduck
To: Dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] How to enable cgroup v2

> On 8 May 2023, at 22:11, altoid via Dng <dng@???> wrote:
>
> I don't think that the engineers didn´t realise that Debian offers
> non-systemd process management, instead I'd say that they actively
> chose to ignore it.
>
> It is nothing but the well known "fait accompli".
>
> Or does anyone actually think that Debian has any love for
> non-systemd process management?
>
> Thank you very much for taking the time to explain this.

Perhaps also just management shutting down any attempts to do better. Maybe budget constraints/time limitations/incompetence/clueless/whatever/etc. Can’t just blame the worker bees all the time!

Maybe it’s time to send off a request to our google cloud account manager about this. I’m not expecting any meaningful changes to be made, but even an update to the system requirements documentation would be welcome to avoid time wasting for other people in the future.

In any case we’ve decided to give up on testing the self hosted version, at least until it moves out of preview status. The docs says it will have $paid requirement once it enters GA release so I personally don’t see the benefit over just using the cloud edition. Local testing can stay on regular free Postgres.