:: Re: [DNG] How to enable cgroup v2
Author: sawbona
To: Dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] How to enable cgroup v2
On 8 May 2023 at 21:21, wirelessduck--- via Dng wrote:

> > -> Devuan-based OS => does not use systemd
> > Therein lies the *basic* difference: that systemd seems to be a
> > requisite.

--- snip ---

> ... in this case the intention was purely to be a requirement on OS
> supporting deb packages.

Could be.
But I'm skeptical when it comes to Debian and systemd.

> ... engineers developing this had a one-track mind and didn´t realise
> that Debian still offers non-systemd process management.

Yes, I very recently learnt about that.

But try reporting a bug for an application running properly in a
Debian installation with systemd process management but *not* in one
with non-systemd process management:

From: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1034328

    -------
    Since sysvinit is not enabled by default in Debian, I do not
    consider this bug as release-critical. Downgrading the bug severity
    to "normal".
    -------

> ... they didn´t bother to do any changes when bundling and packaging it
> up as Omni edition for self-hosted usage.

I don't think that the engineers didn´t realise that Debian offers
non-systemd process management, instead I'd say that they actively
chose to ignore it.

It is nothing but the well known "fait accompli".

Or does anyone actually think that Debian has any love for
non-systemd process management?

Thank you very much for taking the time to explain this.

Best,

A.