:: Re: [maemo-leste] Nokia N900 voice …
Author: Pavel Machek
To: Merlijn Wajer
CC: maemo-leste, Sicelo A . Mhlongo
Subject: Re: [maemo-leste] Nokia N900 voice calls
Hi!

> We spoke at FOSDEM a little bit about the Droid 4, power management and N900
> voice calls. I'm actually currently charging my Droid 4 battery to 4.3V to
> get a better battery life out of it, too.

:-). I made a tool to switch between 4.1 and 4.3V and display
estimated charge. It is at

https://github.com/pavelmachek/unicsy_demo/blob/master/bat/batman

. I usually let it charge to 4.1V, then tell it to boost to
4.3V when I anticipate the need for battery life... Likely better
solution would be "I'd like this battery to be full at 8am".

> I recalled that you offered to point us in the right direction regarding
> N900 voice calls - I think it would be great to see if we can take another
> look at it. Do you have some pointers that can help us get started?

I believe the steps are:

1) Verify pulseaudio works on n900, in full duplex mode, and verify
the latency.

2) Verify the voice call quality is acceptable (it was not for me).

> so maybe the first step would be to package it and load it. I remember when
> I would load it, it would take a whole bunch of CPU on start.

3) If biggest problem is CPU load, that probably can be fixed. But I
did not know how to fix 2), and did not verify 1).

> Anyway, I remember you had another path working, do you have some details on
> it?

I have this: Also not sure if it is useful...

https://gitlab.com/libcmtspeechdata/libcmtspeechdata

Best regards,
                                    Pavel
--
People of Russia, stop Putin before his war on Ukraine escalates.