:: [maemo-leste] Nokia N900 voice call…
Author: Merlijn Wajer
To: Pavel Machek
CC: maemo-leste, Sicelo A . Mhlongo
Subject: [maemo-leste] Nokia N900 voice calls

Hi Pavel,

We spoke at FOSDEM a little bit about the Droid 4, power management and
N900 voice calls. I'm actually currently charging my Droid 4 battery to
4.3V to get a better battery life out of it, too.

Recently, we've made some progress on Nokia N900 power management, as a
user has figured out that when we simply unload a few modules that we
don't need, we can get a battery life of ~24 hours with modem online and
wifi connected. (This is without RET/OFF still, there is more work to be
done to make that stable)

I recalled that you offered to point us in the right direction regarding
N900 voice calls - I think it would be great to see if we can take
another look at it. Do you have some pointers that can help us get started?

I don't know if this is useful, but I had this working on beowulf
(buster), although we're now moving to chimaera (bullseye), so I'd have
to port it to the new pulseaudio:

    https://github.com/maemo-leste/pulseaudio-module-cmtspeech-n9xx

This seems to already listen on dbus for ofono voice calls:

    https://github.com/maemo-leste/pulseaudio-module-cmtspeech-n9xx/blob/master/src/cmtspeech/cmtspeech-dbus.c#L115

so maybe the first step would be to package it and load it. I remember
when I would load it, it would take a whole bunch of CPU on start.

Anyway, I remember you had another path working, do you have some
details on it?

Thanks,
Regards,
Merlijn