:: Re: [DNG] ..heads-up: systemd 253+ …
Author: Rainer Weikusat
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] ..heads-up: systemd 253+ promises to block forensic imaging and booting of new hardware
Steve Litt <slitt@???> writes:

[...]

> Poettering gets his kicks not by producing robust software, but by
> producing complex interlocking Chinese puzzles in C. He's
> not the slightest bit interested in troubleshooting and repair (in
> other words debugging), so debugging is left to others. The
> interlocking puzzle nature of such software explains all
> the WONTFIX designations in the systemd bug tracking system.

This is a very apt description. Minus the 'complex'. I'm meanwhile
forced to support systemd professionally and figuratively spoken, it's
nothing but a constantly self-recolourig bikeshed. It's much to primitive
to support even my simple use cases and its default setting may be
suitable for something, but certainly not for me. Hence, I wrote the
minimal amount of "hit this thing on the head with a blunt instrument"[*]
code so that I can keep using start scripts and that's what I'm doing
(and - as far as I can tell - what everyone else is doing, too).

[*] In line with "Go away or I'll replace you with a very small
shell script!", that's a 16 line script I've christened poetter-em-all and
what it does is mostly

cat >"$SCONF" <<EOF
# $pkg service overrides
#