:: Re: [devuan-dev] Obsolete dependenc…
Author: Boian Bonev
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Obsolete dependency - lsb-base
Hi Rob,

On Mon, 2023-01-23 at 08:18 +0000, Rob Pearce wrote:
> I also noticed that apt gave a warning about not installing a systemd
> service. I don't think I've changed anything to affect that but it does
> look like a change from earlier. I've pushed my current V1.4.0-0devuan1
> package to my fork (https://git.devuan.org/RobPearce/slim) so if someone
> would like to quickly cast an eye over it, that would be great.

I just tried a build and it looks sane:

# lintian --pedantic --show-overrides --tag-display-limit=0 -E -I
running with root privileges is not recommended!
I: slim: unused-override spelling-error-in-binary ment *
[usr/share/lintian/overrides/slim:8]
N: The sourceforge site does not support GPG signatures for tarballs
O: slim source: debian-watch-does-not-check-openpgp-signature [debian/watch]
N: There's a template for daemon name but previous maintainers thought it
should be kept and the warning suppressed
O: slim: unused-debconf-template slim/daemon_name [templates:2]

https://lintian.debian.org/tags/unused-override
https://lintian.debian.org/tags/debian-watch-does-not-check-openpgp-signature
https://lintian.debian.org/tags/unused-debconf-template

I do not know a way to tag an override only for a specific arch - 'ment'
spelling is only happening on i386...

The d/watch file is not working; fixing that would only make sense if/when
including this work in Debian.

With best regards,
b.