:: Re: [devuan-dev] Obsolete dependenc…
Author: Rob Pearce
To: devuan-dev
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Obsolete dependency - lsb-base
(re-sending with a small edit, as I got the wrong "from" address first time)

On 22/01/2023 17:54, Mark Hindley wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 22, 2023 at 05:44:39PM +0000, Rob Pearce wrote:
>> I think, therefore, that it's probably safe to remove the offending
>> entry in
>> the depends list. The question is whether I need to replace it with
>> anything. My instinct is that I don't, since the only requirement of that
>> file is when using an init system that guarantees to provide it.
>> However, I
>> see from the changelog that the dependency was added at 1.3.6-5.1+devuan6
>> (by Mark Hindley) so I'd appreciate any opinions on the matter.
> It should be fine to remove the dependency. sysvinit-utils is still in the
> essential set at the moment.

Great, thanks.

I also noticed that apt gave a warning about not installing a systemd
service. I don't think I've changed anything to affect that but it does
look like a change from earlier. I've pushed my current V1.4.0-0devuan1
package to my fork (https://git.devuan.org/RobPearce/slim) so if someone
would like to quickly cast an eye over it, that would be great.

Thanks,

Rob

--
Maintainer of the <href="https://sourceforge.net/projects/slim-fork/">SLiM Login Manager fork</a>