:: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2023-01-…
Author: B Stack
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2023-01-19
# Devuan meet 2023-01-19 @20:30 UTC

Present: John Faulk, plasma41, fsmithred, altoid, golinux, hendrik

## Old Business

## Old Actions

## New Business

### John Faulk I have made contact with the PeppermintOS team, and we
have succeeded in creating the first Live ARM64 ISO. Why's this
relevant? Because I deliberately started with their Devuan flavor, to
make sure that when the time came, I could upstream the build script
to hopefully be adapted for our own use. One concern that came up
during it all, though: The /usr merge. It is currently causing
problems with the ability to install live-boot and forced us to work
with a merged /usr. So I ask the question of: What are we gonna do
about it, IF we do anything about it? Because it effects us both here
and downstream.
* (fsr) Bug was reported and fix is in git. Package hasn't been built
yet. I'm thinking of forking live-boot so that we have a working copy
in repo until debian gets around to building it.
https://salsa.debian.org/live-team/live-boot/-/commit/088318100dd9a248262c5c2fd6bf938678106523
https://codeberg.org/Peppermint_OS/PepOSDevuan_ARM run either
pepbld.sh or PepBld-nightly.sh

### LeePen

#### Documentation Updates to [Packaging
Guide](https://git.devuan.org/devuan/documentation/src/branch/master/maintainers/PackagingGuide.md).

#### ci.d.o
* Updated Jenkins stable version to 2.375.2.
* Fixed skipping of autopkgtests for binary rebuilds.
* Skip checking build dependencies when `apt-get satisfy` command is not
available (beowulf and older).
* Testing [new pipeline
stage](https://git.devuan.org/devuan/package-pipeline/src/branch/testing/Jenkinsfile#L105)
to rebuild Debian source unmodified on Devuan (as required by
unattended-upgrades).

#### BTS I am scripting automatic closure of Devuan bugs when the
corresponding Debian bug is fixed. It works when the forwarded url is
set correctly and the forwarded bug is fixed. Slowly working through
old bug reports. Help required/welcome.

#### pkgmirror.d.o Deployed [new
script](https://git.devuan.org/devuan/britney2/src/branch/master/scripts/rc-bugs.pl)
to automatically propagate Devuan RC bugs (severity critical or grave)
to britney to prevent testing migration.

#### chimaera and beowulf proposed-updates Pending updates merged

#### Packaging

##### xorg using libseat No problems reported from ceres. Is anybody
using it? It would be good to have confirmation before allowing
migration, particularly on GPU hardware.

##### Other updates
* ceres: freeipa (binary rebuild), openvpn
* beowulf: debian-installer

### bgstack15
* New freeipa release in Ceres, right after LeePen's binary build!

## New Actions