:: Re: [maemo-leste] Maemo Leste new y…
Author: Pavel Machek
To: Merlijn Wajer
CC: maemo-leste
Subject: Re: [maemo-leste] Maemo Leste new years update
Hi!

> > Yes, so far I tested outgoing calls and incoming/outgoing SMS. Stuff
> > seems to work. Battery life is poor, but otherwise it seems pretty usable.
>
> What kind of battery life are you seeing? I easily see 1-2 days when the
> phone is connected to the cellular network and in my pocket, even with
> 800mAh battery.

Less than 8 hours. It is true that I attempted foxtrotgps (less than
hour), and I attempted to save battery by powering it off. I have
suspicion that powering it off actually eats battery... dunno. It also
charges really slowly from my charger.

> > There is "welcome" that mentions sshd is not available. It is,
> > probably should be reworded (and maybe paragraph how-to-enable sshd
> > added).
>
> Is this what is in salutem? ( https://github.com/maemo-leste/salutem
> > )

Yes, salutem. This is not accurate
(https://github.com/maemo-leste/salutem/blob/master/salutem.html):

Also it would be cool to be able to bring up salutem after installation.

> > I'm getting these warnings:
> >
> > Setting up leste-config-droid4 (1.82-1+m7) ...
> > dpkg-divert: error: 'diversion of /lib/udev/rules.d/85-input-devices.rules to /\
> > lib/udev/rules.d/85-input-devices.rules.leste-orig by leste-config-droid4' clas\
> > hes with 'diversion of /lib/udev/rules.d/85-input-devices.rules to /lib/udev/ru\
> > les.d/85-input-devices.rules.leste-orig by leste-config-mapphone'
> > dpkg: error processing package leste-config-droid4 (--configure):
> > installed leste-config-droid4 package post-installation script subprocess retu\
> > rned error exit status 2
> > Errors were encountered while processing:
>
> Hm -- I thought this problem was resolved. Let me try to do a new image
> build later this week.
>
> I think if you use dpkg-divert to remove the diversion on that file, and
> then dpkg --reconfigure --force leste-config-mapphone, it should go
> > away.

Thanks for the hint.

# dpkg-divert --remove /lib/udev/rules.d/85-input-devices.rules

followed by apt upgrade seems to made it go away.

> > qtwebbrowser works from cmdline but not from gui.
>
> Hm, that is weird. It works for me - maybe the startup time tricked you? Let
> me try on my phone again. Did you fully dist-upgrade, or did the
> dist-upgrade stop because of the above divert error?

I tried again, and now it seems to work. Weird.

> > gps works after starting gpsd, but it would be nice to start gpsd by
> > default.
>
> I believe gpsd will get automatically started if anything uses liblocation -
> so maep, gpsrecorder, etc, will start gps, just like in Maemo Fremantle.
> gpsd doesn't run by default because there's an option to disable gps.

Aha, ok, I'm not familiar with liblocation. Let me play with that.

One more thing.. I could not figure out how to do repeated alarm in
Clocks. Likely somethings is not quite right there.

Best regards,
                                Pavel
--
People of Russia, stop Putin before his war on Ukraine escalates.