:: Re: [DNG] running with separate / a…
Author: Rainer Weikusat
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] running with separate / and /usr
Steve Litt <slitt@???> writes:
> Rainer Weikusat via Dng said on Wed, 11 Jan 2023 15:43:58 +0000
>
>>karl@??? writes:
>

>>Yet, the system cannot boot without
>>a working libselinux because someone saw it fit to turn that into a
>>mandatory part of the system. In my opinion, a system where libselinux
>>cannot ever be used for anything shouldn't fail to boot because it
>>can't be loaded. My workaround is good enough for me.
>
> Is your workaround to install a faux libselinux which says the right
> things during boot, but performs no actual action? Sounds to me like
> that would be an excellent, easy to install and use workaround.

My workaround was copying the missing libraries to / using a live system
I booted from USB :-).

The alternate idea I was thinking about (after
implementing this just for init) was creating some sort of library which
loads the real SELinux library via dlopen and fails gracefully when this
isn't possible (instead of the kernel panic caused by init
exiting). This would probably need to become a forked selinux library
package (and may well not be possible at all, although I think it should
be possible).