:: Re: [DNG] trying to do a chimera ne…
Author: o1bigtenor
To: dng@d404.nl
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] trying to do a chimera netinstall
On Tue, Jan 10, 2023 at 2:28 PM dng@??? <dng@???> wrote:

> On 10-01-2023 20:46, o1bigtenor via Dng wrote:
> >
> > Am running an instance of SystemRescue-9.0 on the m/c at present.
> >
> > gparted has a   /dev/mmcblk0   (58,24 GiB)
> > along with        /dev/sda    (29.81 GiB)

> > wondering - - - - so I perhaps delete partitions that do not contain the
> > EFI part of things?
> > (I dunno - - - seems like that might be sledge hammer surgery but it should
> > get access to the sdd - - - yes?)
> >
> > Suggestions
> >
> > (TIA)
>
> That mmcblk0 is your "ssd" and apparently not a bootable device in
> CSM/UEFI. /dev/sda is most likely your usb pendrive. You could try to
> make a EFI partition on /dev/mmcblk0 which will be /dev/mmcblk0p1 and a
> / root partition /dev/mmcblk0p2. Chroot into it and do a grub-update.
>
> According to the specification there is room for a M.2 2242 SSD but not
> build in right now.

Interesting but would prefer not to throw more money after this thing right
now.

> Another option: a small sized usb pendrive as bootable drive and you /
> partition on /dev/mmcbl0p1. That is what i have done with a chromebook,
> you lose a free usbport and the pendrive should be physical small to
> avoid damage.

There are 5 partitions on the MMC drive
(trying to reproduce - - from gparted )
/dev/mmcblk0p1      EFI system partition                fat 32
system drive   260.00 MiB
/dev/mmcblk0p2      Microsoft Reserved partition   unknown
             16.00 MiB
/dev/mmcblk0p3      basic data partition                  ntfs
  Windows         56.96 GiB
/dev/mmcblk0p4
              WINRE_DRV  1000.00 MiB

I would think that this is a 'bootable' drive - - - - will wait for
confirmation of that.

Surely there must be some way of installing onto this MMC drive - - - yes?

Over to y'all.

TIA