:: Re: [DNG] trying to do a chimera ne…
Author: o1bigtenor
To: Didier Kryn
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] trying to do a chimera netinstall
On Tue, Jan 10, 2023 at 10:51 AM Didier Kryn <kryn@???> wrote:

> Le 10/01/2023 à 17:34, o1bigtenor via Dng a écrit :
> > On Tue, Jan 10, 2023 at 9:05 AM Antonio Rendina via Dng
> > <dng@???> wrote:
> >> At first sight, looks like the kernel does not support the drive, maybe
> >> you need a newer kernel or maybe you need to load some module and we
> >> have to discover which module you need.
> >> You should dig in using tools like lspci, lsusb and lshw and understand
> >> what modules you need to load. lshw tells you the module/driver loaded
> >> with the hardware that you are running. lspci -v does the same.
> >>
> >> Before starting the installation, try to install a live iso, so you can
> >> gather information about the hardware, then if you post the results of
> >> the hardware we can try and help better.
> >>
> >> With this information is quite difficult to get what's going wrong.
> >> Because we have to guess.
> >>
> > Am in process of setting up another usb stick with systemrescue9.0
> > which I think should qualify as a live iso.
> >
> > Suggestions as to where to dig/look for things?
> >
> > (I have been trying to find the sdd but to no avail in the busybox version
> > with the installer.)
> >
>      If you are looking for a partition on an SD card, it should show up
> as mmcblk0p1 mmcblk0p2 etc...

>      And mmcblk1p1 etc... if you have more than one SD card.

Am running an instance of SystemRescue-9.0 on the m/c at present.

gparted has a   /dev/mmcblk0   (58,24 GiB)
along with        /dev/sda    (29.81 GiB)

wondering - - - - so I perhaps delete partitions that do not contain the
EFI part of things?
(I dunno - - - seems like that might be sledge hammer surgery but it should
get access to the sdd - - - yes?)

Suggestions

(TIA)