:: Re: [DNG] legacy boot Chimaera?
Author: Antony Stone
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] legacy boot Chimaera?
On Tuesday 03 January 2023 at 22:28:41, Fred wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I bought a "refurbished" HP EliteDesk 800 G2 mini-pc with the intention
> of running Chimaera on it. However, it will only legacy boot and the
> .iso install files for Chimaera on the USB stick are .efi. Is all hope
> lost or is there a work around?

Sorry, but I don't understand the problem.

I have at least four machines here which have no concept of UEFI - they boot
using BIOS only, and yet they (start and) run Chimaera quite happily.

So, when you attempt to install Chimaera on this EliteDesk machine, what
exactly is the problem you run into?

Antony.

--
The gravitational attraction exerted by a single doctor at a distance of 6
inches is roughly twice that of Jupiter at its closest point to the Earth.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.