:: Re: [devuan-dev] Status of the SLiM…
Author: Boian Bonev
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Status of the SLiM login manager project
Hi Mark,

On Thu, 2022-12-22 at 08:27 +0000, Mark Hindley wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 22, 2022 at 10:27:16AM +0530, Boian Bonev wrote:
> > My personal preference for sbuild is because it does not require
> > installing all build-deps on the vm
>
> You can avoid this with gbp by using the --no-pre-clean option.

Thanks, that will help after I setup gbp in a more proper way (some day
when time permits).

For some reason now it behaves like debuild without using any type of
chroot.

> Regarding, lintian, it is in considerable flux in Debian, mainly due
> to Felix Lechner leaving the project in the middle of making lots of
> changes. So different versions will produce very different results.

The most annoying are the incompatible overrides - if you build for
unstable, it is somehow ok, but same packaging does no longer work
(that well) for stable/oldstable :(

With best regards,
b.