:: Re: [devuan-dev] Status of the SLiM…
Author: Boian Bonev
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Status of the SLiM login manager project
Hi Rob,

On Wed, 2022-12-21 at 18:17 +0000, Rob Pearce wrote:
> > Feel free to cherry-pick what you like from them:
> > https://git.devuan.org/bbonev/slim
>
> Hmm... looking at your commits, it's fairly obvious you're getting
> different results to mine, on what should be the same material. I'm
> working on a VM running ceres 32-bit and doing the builds with "gbp
> buildpackage" as suggested in one of the guides someone pointed me
> to. I believe that actually creates a pbuilder virtual environment
> within the VM, and possibly that's not quite the right approach. Is
> there a better way?

What you are doing is the proper/canonical way for Devuan.

Let me test with gbp too. FWIW, I am testing the build on amd64 vm
using sbuild instead of gbp.

My personal preference for sbuild is because it does not require
installing all build-deps on the vm and thus having to less frequently
scrap and reinstall it. But results should be identical in both.

I did try the following combinations, all succeeded:

sbuild/amd64
sbuild/i386
gbp/amd64

Please share the errors that you get.