:: Re: [DNG] loss of keyboard input
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: terryc
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] loss of keyboard input
On Wed, 14 Dec 2022 06:22:30 -0500
Haines Brown <haines@???> wrote:

> In the course of the night I lost keyboard input. Numlock and Caps
> Lockkey LEDs do not turn on. Mouse is OK. I went to replug my PS2
> keyboard and the PS2-USB adpater separated.
>
> A replacement keyboard and adapter in different USB port do not work.
>
> A dirty reboot may result in my not being able to log in, but is it
> worth a try?

YMMV, but I always try a ssh in from another system first.
IME, big red button reboots can vary from no-problem to something
trashed, but really depends on what is running at the time and system
age.

I think that is the reason I have acculmulated extra junk ( such as
extra adapters and cheap USB keyboards) over time and one of my
headless servers actually is in a location where I can easily connect a
keyboard and monitor for such a need.

Good Luck.