:: Re: [DNG] loss of keyboard input
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: tito
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] loss of keyboard input
On Wed, 14 Dec 2022 06:22:30 -0500
Haines Brown <haines@???> wrote:

> In the course of the night I lost keyboard input. Numlock and Caps
> Lockkey LEDs do not turn on. Mouse is OK. I went to replug my PS2
> keyboard and the PS2-USB adpater separated.
>
> A replacement keyboard and adapter in different USB port do not work.
>
> A dirty reboot may result in my not being able to log in, but is it
> worth a try?

Hi,
you can try this C program to reset the usb device.
Hope this helps.

Ciao,
Tito
___________________________________________________________________________-
#include <stdio.h>
#include <fcntl.h>
#include <errno.h>
#include <sys/ioctl.h>

#include <linux/usbdevice_fs.h>

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
    const char *filename;
    int fd;
    int rc;

    if (argc != 2) {
        fprintf(stderr, "Usage: usbreset device-filename\n");
        return 1;
    }
    filename = argv[1];

    fd = open(filename, O_WRONLY);
    if (fd < 0) {
        perror("Error opening output file");
        return 1;
    }

    printf("Resetting USB device %s\n", filename);
    rc = ioctl(fd, USBDEVFS_RESET, 0);
    if (rc < 0) {
        perror("Error in ioctl");
        return 1;