:: Re: [devuan-dev] Status of the SLiM…
Author: Boian Bonev
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Status of the SLiM login manager project
Hi Rob,

On Mon, 2022-12-12 at 21:57 +0000, Rob Pearce wrote:

..cut..
> Thanks, very helpful. Some of the errors / warnings are fairly
> obviously trivial to fix but not all.
>
> I'm a little cautious about updating declared standards or
> compatibility versions without understanding the implications, for
> example. I've occasionally fallen foul of the Gentoo "EAPI" level
> causing parts of the ebuild file to become invalid, and I kind of
> expect similar consequences. After all, it's not that different to
> the situation of moving from GCC8 to GCC10 and finding the code no
> longer builds. I'm sure there's some good documentation of what the
> various standards versions changed; I just need to find it.

About standards:
https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/upgrading-checklist.html

There is also the build-dep on debhelper - the current one is old
fashioned, and the new way of expressing this dep is "debhelper-compat
(= 13),". One of the caveats is that this will enable parallel build by
default.

With best regards,
b.