:: [devuan-dev] Status of the SLiM log…
Author: Rob Pearce
To: Devuan Dev Team
Subject: [devuan-dev] Status of the SLiM login manager project
Hello team,

At the beginning of this year, I found myself concerned that the SLiM
login manager, which I very much like, was at risk of removal from some
distro lists - especially Gentoo, which I use a fair bit - for being
"dead upstream". I thus took it upon myself to fork the project and
apply all the fixes needed for the systems I'm familiar with. I then
fixed some outstanding bugs from the Gentoo list, and applied some
improvements other forks had implemented. Then I began to add my own
improvements, from many years of using it.

I have now released three updated versions of my fork project, at
https://sourceforge.net/projects/slim-fork/

Since the Devuan project seems to still favour SLiM as a mainstream
option, I would be most interested to know how I can work with you to
ensure I have captured all of your required patches and, perhaps, for my
fork to become the upstream version your package is based on. I hope
this would be agreeable, at least in principle, to you.

Best regards,

Rob Pearce