:: Re: [DNG] Chimaera CPU stuck
Author: Arnt Karlsen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Chimaera CPU stuck
On Wed, 14 Sep 2022 21:56:43 +0200, Luciano wrote in message
<4MSWLm0ldWz1ftWw@???>:

> On Wed, 14 Sep 2022 21:16:27 +0200
> Arnt Karlsen <arnt@???> wrote:
>
> > > echo "deadline" >/sys/block/sda/queue/scheduler
> > >

> > ..a possibly simpler idea: Give the vm another cpu thread to
> > help do the i/o work?
> It already has twelve cpu theads.

..ok, wrong diagnosis on my part, I assumed you only gave it
one thread, with 12, your i/o problems are somewhere else.

> Is there a way to reserve some of them to I/O?

..anyone? I have read somewhere(?) that you can assign (or
somesuch) a program to run on a specific cpu, if that helps
your search for ideas.

> Luciano.

Scenarios always come in sets of three: