:: Re: [DNG] Chimaera CPU stuck
Author: Hector Gonzalez Jaime
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Chimaera CPU stuck

On 9/14/22 14:54, Luciano Mannucci wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Sep 2022 12:37:41 -0500
> Hector Gonzalez Jaime via Dng <dng@???> wrote:
>
>>>     kernel:[ 7336.007287] watchdog: BUG: soft lockup - CPU#0 stuck for 22s! [swapper/0:0]

>>> if I write to the disk via dd nothing wrong happens...
>>>
>>> Luciano.
>> Check which scheduler you are using, for virtual machine loads you might
>> want to use "deadline", assuming your disk is sda, the first command
>> checks your scheduler, the second changes to deadline.
>>
>> cat /sys/block/sda/queue/scheduler
>>
>> echo "deadline" >/sys/block/sda/queue/schedule
> Well, the disk seems to be "vda".
> Issueing root@bobby:~# cat /sys/block/vda/queue/scheduler gives:
>
> [mq-deadline] none
>
> Is it wrong?

It's as it should be.  Did you check this on the hypervisor?  The use of
vda suggests this was checked on a VM, please check the physical host,
which is the one doing the I/O for your VM.  The physical host is also
the one that needs to have a few dedicated processors to perform I/O for
the VMs.

--
Hector Gonzalez
cacho@???