:: Re: [DNG] simple-netaid for daedalu…
Author: Joel Roth
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] simple-netaid for daedalus
On Mon, Jul 18, 2022 at 02:17:56AM +0200, aitor wrote:
> Hi Joel,
>
> On Thu, 14 Jul 2022 23:33:00 +0700
> Joel Roth via Dng <dng@???> wrote:
>
> > Great that you're working on a new architecture for this program.
> > Since upgrading to daedalus, I noticed that my old sn didn't
> > work properly. I didn't investigate further but have been
> > looking to install a newer version.
> >
> > Currently apt-cache search netaid shows:
> >
> > simple-netaid-vte3 - Gtk3 container for the ncurses interface of simple netaid
> > snetaid - configuration daemon for simple-netaid.
> >
> > Can I expect a complete package for devuan? I looked for
> > packages in gnuinos/pool but seemed to be
> > missing dependencies such as libnetaid0.
>
> This weekend I uploaded the packages for daedalus. The newest versions are packaged
> in quilt source format, and you can differentiate them by the suffix -N+gnuinos5 in
> the debian version:
>
> http://packages.gnuinos.org/gnuinos/pool/main/libp/libpstat/
> <http://packages.gnuinos.org/gnuinos/pool/main/libp/libpstat/>
>
> http://packages.gnuinos.org/gnuinos/pool/main/libu/libubox/
> <http://packages.gnuinos.org/gnuinos/pool/main/libu/libubox/>
>
> http://packages.gnuinos.org/gnuinos/pool/main/u/ubus/
> <http://packages.gnuinos.org/gnuinos/pool/main/u/ubus/>
>
> http://packages.gnuinos.org/gnuinos/pool/main/libn/libnetaid/
> <http://packages.gnuinos.org/gnuinos/pool/main/libn/libnetaid/>
>
> http://packages.gnuinos.org/gnuinos/pool/main/s/snetaid/
> <http://packages.gnuinos.org/gnuinos/pool/main/s/snetaid/>
>
> http://packages.gnuinos.org/gnuinos/pool/main/s/simple-netaid-cdk/
> <http://packages.gnuinos.org/gnuinos/pool/main/s/simple-netaid-cdk/>
>
> http://packages.gnuinos.org/gnuinos/pool/main/s/simple-netaid-vte3/
> <http://packages.gnuinos.org/gnuinos/pool/main/s/simple-netaid-vte3/>
>

> > I'm mainly interested the command line utility.
>
> You can find some documentation in the website about the command line utilities:
>
> https://www.gnuinos.org/ubus/ <https://www.gnuinos.org/ubus/>
>
> Feel free to ask :)

Hiya Aitor,

I tried downloading and installing the packages one-by-one.
Had some dependency problems (no details, sorry it was a
while back.) Anyway not sure which packages are relevant,
for example do I need the cdk and vte3 versions?

Is it possible to contribute the packages to the Devuan or
Debian package repositories? It would be easier for
me to install. Otherwise, some docs would help, or I can
try manually installing the packages again and report
my failures ;-)

I like having the wifi SSIDs and passwords stored under
/etc/networks/wifi, where I can easily refer to them.

Also, including the call to dhclient makes it easier
to use than, for example, wpa_gui.

> Thanks for your interest in simple-netaid !!

Thanks for providing and supporting it!