:: Re: [DNG] simple-netaid for daedalu…
Author: aitor
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] simple-netaid for daedalus
Hi Joel,

On 10/9/22 8:36, Joel Roth via Dng wrote:
> I tried downloading and installing the packages one-by-one.
> Had some dependency problems (no details, sorry it was a
> while back.) Anyway not sure which packages are relevant,
> for example do I need the cdk and vte3 versions?

Yes, you need to install libcdk5nc6, libvte-2.91-0 and
libvte-2.91-common. The packages missing in devuan are here:

https://www.gnuinos.org/simple-netaid/

> Is it possible to contribute the packages to the Devuan or
> Debian package repositories? It would be easier for
> me to install. Otherwise, some docs would help, or I can
> try manually installing the packages again and report
> my failures;-)

I'm not a devuan caretaker, but, as far as I know, devuan just removes systemd dependency from debian.
About including simple-netaid in debian repo..., I don't know the way to go.

> I like having the wifi SSIDs and passwords stored under
> /etc/networks/wifi, where I can easily refer to them.

This is how simple-netaid works.

> Also, including the call to dhclient makes it easier
> to use than, for example, wpa_gui.

The client is managed internally by ifupdown:

https://salsa.debian.org/debian/ifupdown/-/blob/master/inet.defn

https://salsa.debian.org/debian/ifupdown/-/blob/master/inet6.defn

Cheers,

Aitor.