:: Re: [DNG] chimaera install problem
Author: Ralph Ronnquist
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] chimaera install problem
On Tue, Sep 06, 2022 at 01:14:06PM +0100, Peter Duffy wrote:
> Adrian and Olaf - thanks for the comments.
>
> This is definitely the expired key problem - so at the moment, chimaera
> can't be installed via the netinstall image. Probably the same for
> other devuan versions.
>
> Adrian - I tried changing the date as you suggested. That doesn't work
> - I now get a message in the log saying:
>
> "http://deb.devuan.org/merged/dists/chimaera/InRelease is not valid
> yet"
>
> I found that I could get the install to complete if I told it to ignore
> the error, and the resulting system would boot. However, it's obviously
> just the bare-bones base system from the netinstall image.
>
> Are the netinstall images going to be re-generated fairly soon? If not,
> is it worth while thinking of a way of importing the new key into the
> install process?

The required hands-on to make use of the current installer ISOs
includes the use of wget and dpkg at the point where the installation
first breaks, though probably only via a C-A-F2 escape to a root shell
while the installation (at C-A-F1) is blocked and waiting on the error
report dialog.

At that point you use wget to grab the devuan-keyring package
http://deb.devuan.org/merged/pool/DEVUAN/main/d/devuan-keyring/devuan-keyring_2022.09.04_all.deb
and store that at /target, so you can follow up with manual
installation into /target, by:
# chroot /target /usr/bin/dpkg -i devuan-keyring_2022.09.04_all.deb

Following that, you re-enter the installation at C-A-F1 and select
"continue" so that it re-tries with the failing step using the the
updated keyring.

On the side of all that I should add that I also taken have the
opportunity to polish the installer-iso project so that it easily
builds ISOs for the old releases. Some trial builds of that are
currently available for testing at https://ido.rrq.id.au/download

Ralph.