:: Re: [DNG] article about devuan
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] article about devuan
On Sun, 2022-07-31 at 09:09 -0500, golinux@??? wrote:
> On 2022-07-31 07:29, Peter Duffy wrote:
> >
> > Is it worth while considering putting a link to the article on
> > devuan.org, together with a response answering the criticisms in
> > detail?

[snip]

> But beating our own drum publicly invites a response and we really don't
> need to stir that pot again . . . IMO, of course.

As you know, I'm a huge believer in beating one's own drum, and I think in this case
it would be an excellent idea.

As far as stirring the pot, I see your point --- lots of poisoned arrows will be
aimed our way, but we can rebut with the single word "hater", which is of course an
ad hominem logical fallacy, but those guys won't know the difference. Also, I think
public opinion is slowly building against systemd, so we're likely to benefit from a
dustup. Finally, with very few exceptions, any publicity is good pulicity.

> We are #2 in Distrowatch rankings (from user reviews not ratings ie the
> bean counter). That speaks for itself. Run silent, run deep . . .

You refer to https://distrowatch.com/dwres.php?resource=ranking .

Holy cow: 4 of the top 6 are sans-systemd. Goes to what I said about public opinion
slowly building against systemd.

Congratulations to the Devuan team for this spectacular achievement. The Debianistas
said you were bluffing. Devuan's #2, Debian's #13 in these ratings rankings.

SteveT