:: Re: [DNG] article about devuan
Author: Olaf Meeuwissen
To: Antony Stone
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] article about devuan
Hi Antony, list,

Antony Stone writes:

> On Saturday 30 July 2022 at 12:07:53, Steve Litt wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 2022-07-29 at 14:27 +0200, tito via Dng wrote:
>> > https://linuxiac.com/best-systemd-free-linux-distributions/
>> >
>> > I think the author knows nothing about devuan and spreads FUD
>>
>> I thought most of the Devuan review was accurate and complimentary.
>> However, I've never thought of Devuan as "retro" or particularly
>> inconvenient for newbies.
>
> I regarded those comments as applying identically to Debian, and are true only
> if you choose (a) not to use the graphical installer (which the author has
> completely overlooked),

Not that I care much for a graphical installer (other than perhaps to
snapshot the whole procedure) but ...

I don't recall seeing an option for a graphical installer in all my
ascii, beowulf and chimaera installations. Even the alpha daedalus
installer didn't have one.

FTR, I have only used the netinstall and server ISOs.

--
Olaf Meeuwissen