:: Re: [DNG] article about devuan
Author: Antony Stone
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] article about devuan
On Saturday 30 July 2022 at 12:07:53, Steve Litt wrote:

> On Fri, 2022-07-29 at 14:27 +0200, tito via Dng wrote:
> > https://linuxiac.com/best-systemd-free-linux-distributions/
> >
> > I think the author knows nothing about devuan and spreads FUD
>
> I thought most of the Devuan review was accurate and complimentary.
> However, I've never thought of Devuan as "retro" or particularly
> inconvenient for newbies.

I regarded those comments as applying identically to Debian, and are true only
if you choose (a) not to use the graphical installer (which the author has
completely overlooked), and (b) fail to select "guided partitioning" and "all
files in a single partition". I do think the overall impression he gives is
unfavourable and inaccurate.

I'm rather more amazed that he labels Devuan (and therefore by extension
Debian too) as "retro" and yet gives a pretty complimentary review, in
comparison, of Slackware!

Antony.

--
<flopsie> yes, but this is #lbw, we don't do normal

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.