:: Re: [devuan-dev] advice on replacin…
Author: Joril
To: devuan-dev
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] advice on replacing kernel on the install media?
On 17/06/22 16:18, dal wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Searching and reading on Subj unfortunately did not give any usable directions.
>
> I need a chimaera installer of at least some kind, for various new hardware (amd64).
>
> The 5.16 kernel from backports works.
>
> How do you actually produce install media?
> The kernel version would be the only parameter to change,
> but where is a corresponding configuration parameter to be changed?
>
> Even to plainly recreate an official image, what would be the needed
> arguments to debmirror to prepare the necessary data?

Hello,
what a coincidence, I'm trying to build a Beowulf installer using a
Chimaera kernel :D (I have to install Beowulf on a HP laptop that
doesn't allow disabling "Rapid Storage Technology"...)
I've not managed to do it yet, but I think the starting point is
https://git.devuan.org/devuan/installer-iso

I'll report back if I find out more details