:: [devuan-dev] advice on replacing k…
Author: dal
To: Devuan Developers
Subject: [devuan-dev] advice on replacing kernel on the install media?
Hello,

Searching and reading on Subj unfortunately did not give any usable directions.

I need a chimaera installer of at least some kind, for various new hardware (amd64).

The 5.16 kernel from backports works.

How do you actually produce install media?
The kernel version would be the only parameter to change,
but where is a corresponding configuration parameter to be changed?

Even to plainly recreate an official image, what would be the needed
arguments to debmirror to prepare the necessary data?

I anticipate similar needs in the future and look for a routine to be able to build
the media, just one kind and just for one-two archs.

Thankful for advice

/Dal