:: Re: [DNG] Hardware support for new …
Author: wirelessduck
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Hardware support for new Thinkpad?

> On 27 Apr 2022, at 17:51, . via Dng <dng@???> wrote:
>
> I'll dig into adding proprietary drivers. The Lenovo website only lists Windows-based driver/firmware/BIOS updates, so that's no help. Am I right that the process for Debian and for Devuan should be about the same?
>
> thanks again, -Bob

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/au/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-p-series-laptops/thinkpad-p1-gen-4-type-20y3-20y4/downloads/driver-list

If this is the correct page for your laptop, there is a bootable CD image that you should be able to copy to a USB drive with `dd` if you have one spare. Even though it mentions Windows, it shouldn’t matter as it’s a bootable CD image and won’t touch your hard drive. You should be able to select the USB drive from the bios boot menu if it is copied correctly to the usb drive.

There is also a bios update tool on that page that claims to be compatible with Debian 9 and might work under Devuan.

--
Tom