:: Re: [DNG] mouse driver question
Author: karl
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] mouse driver question
Fred:
> On 4/22/22 14:21, Fred wrote:
> > On 4/22/22 13:46, karl@??? wrote:
> >> Fred:

>From the scope trace you can infer the baud rate.

The baud rate is 1 / smallest_pulse_width.

> >> Have you tried:
> >>
> >>   mouse-test [ device ]

> > That program is actually gpm-mouse-test.

Should be the same program, differnt packaging. Does most development on
gentoo, run devuan on production boxes.

> > The Sun mouse I would like to use is also a compact-1.  Does the
> > mouse-test program you mention work with your compact-1 mouse and
> > therefore is actually a different program than the one in the gpm package?

I haven't made any adapter for it, it is on a sparcstation.

> As I said in an earlier post I used the mouse
> (long ago) on Debian Jessie with gpm and it worked with msc protocol.

Soo, what happens when you try with:

gpm -b 1200 -m /dev/ttyS1 -t msc

where ttyS1 should be changed to the serial port used.

Regards,
/Karl Hammar