:: Re: [DNG] mouse driver question
Author: Fred
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] mouse driver question
On 4/22/22 15:31, karl@??? wrote:
> Fred:
>
>>From the scope trace you can infer the baud rate.
> The baud rate is 1 / smallest_pulse_width.

>>> That program is actually gpm-mouse-test.
>
> Should be the same program, differnt packaging. Does most development on
> gentoo, run devuan on production boxes.
>
>>> The Sun mouse I would like to use is also a compact-1.  Does the
>>> mouse-test program you mention work with your compact-1 mouse and
>>> therefore is actually a different program than the one in the gpm package?
>
> I haven't made any adapter for it, it is on a sparcstation.

>> As I said in an earlier post I used the mouse
>> (long ago) on Debian Jessie with gpm and it worked with msc protocol.
>
> Soo, what happens when you try with:
>
> gpm -b 1200 -m /dev/ttyS1 -t msc
>
> where ttyS1 should be changed to the serial port used.
>
> Regards,
> /Karl Hammar

Hi,
It shows up at /dev/ttyUSB0. I have tried that command line several
times. Nothing happens. ps -e shows gpm is running. The pointer will
not move and the mouse buttons have no effect.

I have tried using minicom to connect to the mouse and that works in
that the minicom cursor moves toward the right with mouse movement.
So the hardware is functional. I know the baud rate is 1200.
Best regards,
Fred